Saturday 26 September 2015

1- Introduction

Hello, my name is Rhiana Letts and I am a A2 media studies student. 
To begin the research into music video, I looked at various artist's websites to understand how they brand themselves and how it relates to a specific genre.


I researched Jhene Aiko's website. She is an RnB/soul artist.



This is her actual website, her website depicts the type of artist she is. She is soulful and her lyrics are deep and meaningful. The layout of her website is simple but powerful, she promotes her albums and her videos. (http://jheneaiko.com/)  


In order to try build my own artist brand later on, I practiced trying to create a similar one to Jhene Aiko's. I attempted to demonstrate the type of artist brand she has as well as following the conventions of the genre she belongs to. (http://rhianaletts1.weebly.com/)

I tried to keep the website I create simple, to match the type of artist she is. I also tried to help people focus on her beauty by using her photos. But I also incorporated merchandise link behind a photo and the album link behind the photo. I also included on of her popular music videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment